Sunday, June 04, 2006

.NET CF Menu Item Size

I'm developing an application that will be used by those with impaired vision and reduced motor control. Unfortunately, .NET CF makes it quite difficult to change font sizes for menus and menu items. In fact, MenuItem classes do not expose the Font property. In many instances, I avoid this problem because I run my application full screen--however, some messageboxes are run in "normal mode" with the menubars exposed.

Daniel Moth talks about a work around which involves modifying registry settings:

Menus (MainMenu, ContextMenu and MenuItem) are resized according to their Font. However, they do not expose a Font property, so you are stuck with whatever the default Font is for the platform. You can change that through the registry:

HKLM\Menu\BarFnt
DWORD "Ht" for height , DWORD "Wt" for boldness: 700 or 400

HKLM\Menu\PopFnt
same as above, but this applies to menu items rather than the menu bar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I was using menu items over main menu. What I have come across is that there is not support for icons in the menu items.

Any ideas?