Thursday, July 06, 2006

Purchased OpenNetCF SDF 2.0

I finally went ahead and purchased the SDF 2.0 Extensions for Visual Studio 2005 from OpenNetCF.org. It's only fifty bucks and you get the source code, which, for me, is mostly useful for educational purposes. I'm always wondering if my coding style, design, etc. are up to par. You can also use the free version of the SDF 2.0, which isn't crippled but doesn't include the source here. I used it for quite a while before deciding that I should support the OpenNetCF team.

Oh and by the way, the installer for the purchased version of SDF 2.0 takes about 15 minutes on my 3Ghz HT 1.5GB RAM Pentium 4 machine to complete. I was almost going to e-mail support that their installation package was broken but then I discovered the h2reg process, which is started by the installer, was just taking forever. I believe this is because of some of the integrated VS2005 stuff they've done in SDF 2.0. Note that the free version installs rather quickly.

No comments: