Tuesday, July 04, 2006

ActiveSync, A Lesson Learned

At the risk of jumping the gun here, it appears that my ActiveSync woes were not due to Microsoft's negligence or poor programming (though, I suppose, they really should have had the ActiveSync troubleshooter page much earlier, circa 4.0 or even 3.X). In fact, it was my own fault for not noticing that my IT department at work packaged BlackICE (a firewall program) with our VPN software. So, simply by installing our VPN (a rather innocuous gesture), I created a firewall that prevented TCP traffic over port 990.

Now, I'm not 100% confident that this will solve all of my ActiveSync issues but it appears that, at the moment, I've figured out the connection problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much. I finally managed to syncronize my Q-TEK with the pc.